The GAPS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The GAPS Forum

A support setting for GAPSters, their families, and people curious about the GAPS protocol.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Honey Lemon Curd

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
firewave11

Honey Lemon Curd Empty
PostSubject: Honey Lemon Curd   Honey Lemon Curd Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 4:53 pm

Intro friendly from grain free foodies

4 tbsp ghee at room temp.
1/3 cup of honey
5 egg yolks
1 whole egg (or no white if not there yet)
2/3 cup lemon juice

cream butter and honey. beat in yolks one at a time. mix in whole egg. mix in lemon juice.
Pour into heavy saucepan. Cook on LOW, stirring until mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon, taste. Add more honey if you too tart but it will mellow as it cools. Put in fridge for several hours.
Back to top Go down
Summer
Admin
Summer

Honey Lemon Curd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honey Lemon Curd   Honey Lemon Curd Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 6:21 pm

That sounds delicious. I'll have to give it a try on a night when I'm too lazy to try a GAPS dinner (Not that this is necessarily easier than a dinner recipe or takes less time, but dinner has to be strictly familiar and on time when fasting if I don't want a grumpy hubby tongue )
Back to top Go down
https://gapsforum.forumotion.com
meow

Honey Lemon Curd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honey Lemon Curd   Honey Lemon Curd Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 1:03 am

Yum!! I was just dreaming about lemon curd the other day. Would be good with some sour cream...
Back to top Go down
Summer
Admin
Summer

Honey Lemon Curd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honey Lemon Curd   Honey Lemon Curd Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 8:01 pm

geek This is the closest we have to a yum face... I'm going to have to do something about these weird and not-very-useful emotes.
Back to top Go down
https://gapsforum.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Honey Lemon Curd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Honey Lemon Curd   Honey Lemon Curd Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Honey Lemon Curd
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The GAPS Forum :: Recipes-
Jump to: