The GAPS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The GAPS Forum

A support setting for GAPSters, their families, and people curious about the GAPS protocol.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I'm KP from New York

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KP3

KP3

I'm KP from New York Empty
PostSubject: I'm KP from New York   I'm KP from New York Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 5:15 pm

I've decided to delve into the world of GAPS because of life-long psychiatric issues. My diagnoses vary a little depending on which group of "doctors" I'm seeing. I've officially given the medical community the finger, and I'm pursuing my own path on healing. I've not really made any progress this year, but at least I'm not getting worse anymore Smile

I've read a lot on the connection between gut health and mental health issues. That has led me to getting more serious about my organic garden, and I've had a lot of fun fermenting foods with the guidance of Sandor Katz in Wild Fermentation. Being familiar with the importance of high-quality foods and fermentation has given me some encouragement, so maybe the GAPS diet won't be too overwhelming for me. I already make my own chicken broth from the organic broilers we get too. I've got a freezer full Smile

I haven't started the diet yet. My book just shipped today. I'm going to give myself lots of time to learn and prepare. I wanna do this right.
Back to top Go down
Summer
Admin
Summer

I'm KP from New York Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm KP from New York   I'm KP from New York Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 2:16 pm

Good idea, and great to have you here! Hopefully the diet won't be too much of a shock for you, but expect it to be a little difficult. It's great that you're "stocking" up (pun not intended), because dozens of people complain about how much MORE they are eating than they thought they would. Good luck! I hope you are also ordering a copy of the GAPS Guide. It is quite a useful tool for actually implementing the diet.
Back to top Go down
https://gapsforum.forumotion.com

I'm KP from New York
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The GAPS Forum :: introductions-
Jump to: