The GAPS Forum

A support setting for GAPSters, their families, and people curious about the GAPS protocol.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

First Experiment with GAPS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Summer
Admin

PostFirst Experiment with GAPS

So today, for the first time, I tried eating a totally GAPS-legal dinner, except I think orange juice is illegal. I had Honey-Glazed Drumsticks and Fried "Rice". First, let me say that making both was a bad idea in my tiny kitchen. Either would have been enough to fill me up, though I suspect I needed something that looked like rice or bread to psychologically feel full. Dishes nightmare aside, both were pretty good. I accidentally burned the chicken a little bit at the end, and I'd like the veggies to be a little bit more cooked next time I try the fried rice, but both were filling and delicious. If I can eat like that every night on GAPS, I won't miss "real" food very much. I'm starting to feel a little hungry again now, but it's been almost four hours. I have to say, though, I'm so burned out from my kitchen mess that I can't imagine grabbing a snack.
I'm hoping that GAPS will help me with my focus, tendency towards depression, nailbiting, suspected thyroid issues, and possibly some allergies. I'm also hoping that I can convince my mom to try GAPS with my siblings by sticking with it long enough and showing her that it isn't so hard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://gapsforum.forumotion.com