The GAPS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The GAPS Forum

A support setting for GAPSters, their families, and people curious about the GAPS protocol.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

hollandaise sauce

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
firewave11

hollandaise sauce Empty
PostSubject: hollandaise sauce   hollandaise sauce Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 4:50 pm

I'm on stage 3 intro and getting sick of veggies and boiled meats. I didn't realize I could make this sauce for stuff it looks yummo! I got it off of grain free foodies.

*make this slow and gently on low heat*

3 egg yolks
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 cup of ghee divided into 2
sea salt to taste

Mix egg yolks with lemon in cold saucepan. Add half the ghee and whisk until melted. Add second half of ghee mixing with whisk until that's melted and sauce gets thickened. Remove from heat and serve immediately on meat, veggies, fish, eggs etc. If reheating leftovers, you can revive it by adding a little warm water it says.

I'm going to try this on fish I think!
Back to top Go down
Summer
Admin
Summer

hollandaise sauce Empty
PostSubject: Re: hollandaise sauce   hollandaise sauce Icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2011 6:18 pm

I've been eying that recipe! It looks yummy, but I'm not sure I'll be able to tolerate ghee. Do you think it would work with coconut oil? Grain-Free Foodies is my favorite website for this stuff so far. It's very comprehensive, and very few recipes require any kind of dairy at all.
Back to top Go down
https://gapsforum.forumotion.com

hollandaise sauce
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The GAPS Forum :: Recipes-
Jump to: