The GAPS Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The GAPS Forum

A support setting for GAPSters, their families, and people curious about the GAPS protocol.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

hunger during intro

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Heartathome

hunger during intro Empty
PostSubject: hunger during intro   hunger during intro Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 2:44 pm

We've just been getting ready for GAPS and are phasing out illegal foods. I want to do the intro soon, but how do I deal with the constant hunger of little kids???? I'm talking every hour. I'm getting hungry now too. Why are we all so hungry? We are eating good soups, roasts, veggies, fruit, nuts, eggs, cheese etc. right now with an occassional illegal food thrown in as I find it in the fridge.
Back to top Go down
Summer
Admin
Summer

PostSubject: Re: hunger during intro   hunger during intro Icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2011 2:54 pm

I had the same problem when I tried going low-carb for a week and when I did a juice fast. For the first couple of days, your body is mostly just reacting to the lack of carbs in the diet. The standard American diet is so full of them, you're bodies are probably just being thrown for a loop. I don't think that will last. You just have to tough it out the first couple of days. I think it gets better after that. Be forewarned, though, even when you're doing strictly full GAPS, a lot of people feel hunger pains as they switch to intro as well. It probably has to do with GAPS foods being so easy to digest as well. Broths sort of run through the stomach, so it takes a while for the stomach to figure out it's full? That's just an idea, though. No clue if it actually makes sense. Try chewing more slowly (when there is something to chew), making extra snacks, like almond muffins (delicious) and, this one is going to sound weird, but licking your fingers (where the food is if you ate with your hands) is supposed to stimulate digestion and tell your body that you are finished eating.
Back to top Go down
https://gapsforum.forumotion.com
kristyreal

PostSubject: Re: hunger during intro   hunger during intro Icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 9:12 pm

Don't underestimate the power of the bad bugs that have been driving the bus. You are starving them out and they are working really hard to make you break down and eat what they want......not to mention that processed foods are addictive. They have chemical additives that are specifically designed to create an addiction (free glutamic acid additives like msg and "natural flavors").

Just keep pouring the GAPS food into them and the ravenous hunger will calm down after a while.Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hunger during intro   hunger during intro Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hunger during intro
Page 1 of 1